3547 Rhoads Avenue
Newtown Square, PA 19073
When You Function Better, You Feel Better.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints, including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches. Chiropractors are specialists concerned with the relationship between structure and function of the nerves, muscles, joints and the skeletal system.
Doctors of Chiropractic are often referred to as chiropractors or chiropractic physicians. They are specialists that practice a natural, hands-on approach to health care that includes patient evaluation, diagnosis and treatment. Chiropractors have broad array of diagnostic skills and are also trained to recommend corrective and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling.
Facts About Chiropractic:
- Our primary treatment tool is joint manipulation of the spine or extremities using various methods and techniques depending on location and a patients' pain tolerance.
- We utilize the most well researched and most effective soft tissue mobilization techniques to manipulate muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Our philosophy includes the premise that without treatment of the surrounding soft-tissues, the joint will not stay aligned. Chiropractic adjustments and soft-tissue mobilization (ART or Graston) go hand-in-hand.
- Other treatments such as exercise and physical therapy are utilized to strengthen and stabilize the areas of complaint to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Chiropractors are concerned with the not only treatment of existing symptoms (pain, spasm, inflammation) but also prevention of future disorders.
What Type of Education is Required to be a Doctor of Chiropractic ?
- Chiropractors must obtain over 90 credit hours in undergraduate studies in all the required science prerequisites including General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Cell Biology, Physics, Psychology etc.
- Drs. Kropf and Rosati have both obtained Bachelors of Science degrees from their alma maters
- Below is a comparison that compares the Chiropractic Education to that of Medical Students prior to their specializations and fellowships, and Physical Therapist
Is it safe treatment?
- Chiropractic treatments are incredibly safe! In actuallity, they’re one of the safest forms of health care available and are effcetive for pain relief and various types of sports injuires. And the doctors have studied extensively to fully understand the all the body’s systems. The chiropractic-training program, as per the chart above, is comparable to the program of study for medical doctors. According to the American Chiropractic Association, more than 30 million people visited doctors of chiropractic last year for a variety of conditions, and more and more medical doctors are referring their patients to doctors of chiropractic.
What can you expect from the Doctors and/or Staff at SSWC Paoli?
- Well-Established, traditional and state of the art evidence based treatments
- A professional and pleasant environment
- A caring and knowledgeable staff
- Honest answers to your questions with the goal of getting you better faster!
- Helpful lectures and inner office seminars to promote healthy lifestyles
- Respect for you and your familes time
- Education on self care to prevent reoccurrence and re-injury
- Information on wellness,back pain prevention programs and community lectures
- Efficient, streamlined and accurate billing
- Referral to appropriate specialists when appropriate: a true "team approach"
Link to American Chiropractic Associations Helpful Health Tips:
Conditions That We Treat:
- Compartment syndrome (Chronic)
- De Quervains tenosynovitis
- Frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis
- Whiplash (Hyperextension/hyperflexion injury)
- Ilio-tibial band syndrome
- Nerve Entrapment Syndromes
- Repetitive strain injuries
Copyright 2012: Sport and Spine Wellness Center | Newtown Square Chiropractic Group
All rights reserved.
3547 Rhoads Avenue
Newtown Square, PA 19073